The Castaway Lodge Vacation Rental sits right above the Port in historic Port Orford. The property includes 7+ acres of grounds with trees, a pond, and amazing panoramic views. With end of the road privacy, It feels totally secluded and yet is close to all Port Orford has to offer including the Port Beach, Battle Rock Beach, restaurants, shops, and art galleries. Nearby are two more beaches with miles of sand for beach-combing, agate collecting and wildlife watching. Recreational opportunities like hiking, fishing, clamming, kayaking, windsurfing and more are minutes away.
This is the perfect place for a totally relaxing and delightful getaway!
The Lodge amenities include:
- Living Room with stunning ocean views
- Two private queen bedrooms
- Large loft area with two queens and two twin beds
- Fully equipped kitchen with family area and eating bar
- Two full baths
- 7.5 private acres to roam on and enjoy
- Many historic photos of the area
- Note, there is no WiFi at the Lodge, however you can catch the hotspot at the adjacent motel!
Rates are $185 per night for two people. Additional $15 per night/per person up to a maximum of 7 people.
The Castaway Lodge Vacation Rental, (once known as The Old Port Authority Lodge) has a long and interesting history. This property once was the site of the old Port Authority buildings. Though most of the other structures are long gone, and the home itself has been remodeled and refurbished, you can still see an old stone chimney standing near the house. The property that the vacation home sits on, and the property that houses the Castaway ocean view motel, nearby, were once one. They were split long ago and then, in 2004, were reunited under one owner.